If you love eggnog like I do, today you’re in for a real treat. Creamy, decadent and rich Eggnog Walnut Fudge. Need I say more?
Yet, as much as I love drinking eggnog, there’s only so much I allow myself, before I start feeling guilty and thinking about the number of calories I’m consuming. At 130 calories and 20 grams of sugar in a 1/2 cup serving, even the low-fat eggnog of choice seems indulgent.
Which gives me the perfect opportunity to get creative in how I use it. Right? The logic seems to work in my head somehow.
This year on the menu (thus far…stay tuned), has been Eggnog Melt-Away Cookies (which didn’t quite turn out the way I expected), this delightfully delicious Eggnog Fudge (with walnuts, of course!) and up next on the baking list is some extremely delicious looking Eggnog Cupcakes I found on Pinterest.
One thing you’ll notice immediately when you bite into this decadent fudge, is that the eggnog flavor is prominent! Big, bold, bodacious eggnog flavor. And, it really delivers in this recipe!
That’s why I say…if you love eggnog…today, you’re in for a real treat.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup eggnog shy by 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups sugar
- 11 ounce package Ghirardelli Classic White baking chips
- 1 7 ounce jar Marshmallow Creme
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine butter, cream, eggnog and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat as it starts to boil and continue cooking until a candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees.
- Turn heat to low and stir in white chocolate, mixing thoroughly until chocolate is completely melted and blended in. Add Marshmallow Cream, nutmeg and vanilla. Fold in chopped walnuts. Mix in a mixer until completely smooth. Spread into aprepared pan.
- Let cool at room temperature before removing from pan and cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Chocolate And More.