Hi readers! I have something ? FUN ? for you today!
? For all my readers who think food bloggers have a glamorous and exciting life, this post is for you! ?
Here’s an inside peek at how 18 bloggers spent their Valentine’s Day this year!
Before we get to the ‘sneak peek’, let me give you a little context!
Food bloggers tend to be a very tight-knit, supportive community of food lovers who spend a lot of time in social circles. We love to share, chat, learn, support, encourage and commiserate with each other! Which means we talk a lot!
With that said, in those conversations, there’s some GREAT information shared! I can honestly say, these women are some of the smartest, most amazing, incredible and wonderfully talented women I’ve ever had the privilege to meet.
I’m truly blessed and my life is fuller because I know them. If you don’t know them, I encourage you to visit every single one, settle in and learn who these amazing women are, so that you can get to know their genuine hearts and see what great cooks/bakers/chefs they are! And, they’re funny too!
I truly hope you enjoy this Valentine’s Day night Facebook exchange we all had this year.
Get ready!!!…We are some wild, crazy and exciting women! Haha – not!
Please know that I *do* have permission to share our Valentine’s Day Facebook chat from every single one of these lovely ladies. If you’re looking for a more practical valentines gift this year, compare life insurance quotes.
This is behind the scenes stuff!
p.s. I don’t want to speak for the others, but I want to say, I hope you had a more adventurous Valentine’s day than we all did! Although I have to admit, from my perspective – I’d rather chat with these gals than have a wild night any time! xoxo
How 18 Food Blogger’s Spent Valentine’s Day
- Gayle @ Pumpkin N’ Spice – My husband and I ate a heart shaped pizza and just finished watching the movie. This is 40! 🙂
- Ashley Rose @ The Recipe Rebel – I may or may not be sitting home alone blogging on Valentine’s Day… Lol. Feel free to just ignore me. I had 3 oatmeal raisin cookies and some Turtles.
- Isadora @ She Likes Food – I was home with Cheeto (husband is away for work) watching friends reruns eating chocolate covered blueberries and lots of chips and salsa
- Denise @ Sweet Peas And Saffron – Is it bad that I’m a food blogger and I’m eating a pizza bun right now? We did NOT have a romantic dinner…bbq ribs, salad and garlic bread. And Elmo. Life as parents.
- Marcie @ Flavor The Moments – I’m in my sweats, watching Divergents with my family again! Good flick.
- Kristine @ Kristines Kitchen Blog – I spent last night getting my older two kids bathed and to bed while my husband cooked me a pasta dinner. He’s a keeper. Then I walked around with a crying baby while trying to watch The Bachelor. (I’m three weeks behind!) I was in bed at 9:30. Oh and a few See’s chocolates were consumed. Wild times!
- Stephie @ Stephie Cooks – Does eating a really fantastic dinner in sweats on the couch while watching Jerry springer count? (I wish I was kidding.)
- Lauren @ Healthy Delicious We went grocery shopping and ate sausage on the couch in front of the tv. I literally can’t even remember what else we did because it was so boring. Ha!
- Taylor @ Food, Faith, Fitness I did a recipe shoot in my pjs then ate egg on toast for dinner. Romance was clearly not in the air. I did get flowers though.
- Susan @ Girl In The Little Red Kitchen I was on a business trip away from my husband tucked in an office without windows. You guys, I win.
- Melissa @ Treats With A Twist – PJ’s all day, shot 2 recipes, food prepped some meals for the week, LOTS of laundry…so glamorous
- Ashley @ Wishes And Dishes – My husband and I spent the afternoon out in the freezing cold shoveling snow. We cooked dinner at home but got a late start (10 p.m.) and it took a lot longer than expected. We made sure we took a bite of the food right at 11:59 so that we could at least say we ate on Valentine’s day! LOL
- Nora @ Savory Nothings Apart from cooking lasagna and Tiramisu for 60 people at ski camp last night I also made a FaceTime call to my sister in law because I just couldn’t get this godawful portable crib to stand up straight, had a baby stay up two hours past her bedtime and ate my weight in cucumber slices. #lifeofamoviestar #soromantic
- Amanda @ Cookie Named Desire – My valentines was definitely uneventful. I took my daughter to gymnastics then went to Starbucks to write a post. I wanted us to bake cookies, but she didn’t want to. Instead, we watched movies all day and ate some left over pasta and chicken for dinner. Dessert was Valentines themed jelly beans.
- Marnely @ Cooking With Books – We live on Martha’s Vineyard (New England) – completely snowed in, although we had no desire to dine out. Hubs trekked into town, grabbed a pork loin and some yucca and made dinner. (Not romantic, he’s a chef, so that’s what he does.). Then we threw on sweatpants (or we were already in them all day long) and watched Kitchen Confidential on DVD (long series, one season long, with Bradley Cooper). I then went to bed at like 11pm and hubs stayed up till like 3am and then went to bed with me. Oh and I STARTED writing his Valentine’s day card….but it’s still on my desk. #reality
- Renee @ Magnolia Days – My husband was sick and spent the morning at the doctor’s office and found out he has strep throat. So yes, my Valentine’s Day was very dull and boring. It’s difficult to have a fun and fabulous day when your loved one is sick.
- Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen – Completely uneventful. I spent the day in sweats blogging, reading blogs, commenting on blogs. Did I say blogging? #imarealcatch ?
And my most absolute favorite part of this Facebook conversation came from:
- Annie @ Maebells – If it makes any of you feel better I was already asleep when this conversation happened last night! hahahahaha! #wildwoman
I think Annie had the best Valentine’s Day ever!
Now, the next time you feel bad about how you spent your Valentine’s Day…here, have some cake.