These Fresh Lime & Jalapeno Margaritas with freshly squeezed limes pop in your mouth and are bursting with fresh lime flavor!
Jalapeno Margaritas anyone?
I remember the very first time I had a Jalapeno Margarita with freshly squeezed limes, I couldn’t believe what I’d been missing. It definitely did not taste the same as Margarita mix you buy in the store.
No, the flavors were much more vibrant ~ they just popped in your mouth and were bursting with fresh lime flavor!
Which inspired me to lead you up to something wonderful over the next week. Three out-of-this-world recipes that start with this totally awesome, spicy jalapeno Margarita.
The 3 new recipes I’ll be posting over the next week go beautifully together ~ almost like they were made for each other.
So, they’re getting married on Thursday. You’ll definitely want to be there for that!
Freshly squeezed lime juice and a bit of Triple Sec already set the tone for a basic Margarita, but by adding a spicy Jalapeno to the Tequila mix, you’ve got a Margarita that is over the top! If you’re a person that seriously loves spicy stuff and Margaritas with a twist, this will be right up your alley.
On Monday I’ll share a salsa recipe, and on Thursday of next week, a burger recipe that this Margarita was made for.
Come back and check it out ~ you’ll have 3 new recipes to try for the weekend, that will wow your friends!
Fresh Lime & Jalapeno Margaritas
- 1 and 1/2 cups silver tequila
- 3/4 cup Triple Sec
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice about 6 limes
- 4 tablespoons sugar divided
- 1 jalapeno sliced with top removed
- 8 cups crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6 lime wedges
- Combine tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, 2 tablespoons sugar and sliced jalapeno in large pitcher; stir to dissolve sugar. Chill for at least 1 hour, to allow flavors to blend.
- Mix salt and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in shallow bowl. Moisten rim of 6 Margarita glasses with lime wedge. Holding each glass upside down, dip rim into sugar-salt mixture. Add crushed ice, and pour Margarita mix into glasses. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.