This Fresh Peach Ice Cream will make your mouth-water with it’s juicy, fresh peach flavor. It’s like taking a bite of the creamiest, frozen, ripest peach you can imagine, all wrapped in a sweet dessert!
Hey readers! I am *so* excited to be guest posting over at American Heritage Cooking today. I don’t know if I’ve told you this before, but I *adore* Lindsey and I’ve self proclaimed myself as Lindsey’s blogging BFF. 🙂
I was so honored to be invited to post on Lindsey’s amazing blog. If you’ve never visited American Heritage Cooking, let me sum it up real quick for you – Lindsey has incredible recipes and photos so amazing, you might want to eat your screen. No joke!
Yet, in getting the opportunity to blog there, I realized something really special… I felt like I was home…
You see… what you may not know about me is, that I’m not only a follower and a friend, but as it turns out, Lindsey and I have learned that we sssooo speak the same food love language, that we are like sistahs!
1. I can’t make gorgeous and amazing cupcakes and sweets like she can, and
2. She can’t handle the heat quite like I can in my extra spicy dishes.
Which means, we are perfect for each other! 🙂
But, what I also realized when she invited me to post was. There was no way, no how, I was going to post a cupcake recipe! Because Lindsey is certifiably the best cupcake maker in the world. Let me show you a few examples:
- Spiced Apple Cider Cranberry Cupcakes
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Double Chocolate Lemon Surprise Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Double Chocolate Banana Cupcakes
- Peach Crisp with Vanilla Crisp Meringue Buttercream
With each of those cupcake recipes, there’s a bit of goodness hidden inside. Essentially, Lindsey likes to stuff stuff. 🙂 Like cupcakes.
And because I knew she liked peaches and was from Georgia, I wanted to make her something that would literally make her mouth water. I couldn’t imagine a better recipe than a Fresh Peach Ice Cream.
And, let me tell you… you.will.die.this.is.so.good. **AND** it’s not a cupcake. 🙂
But this ice cream? It’s like biting into the ripest, juiciest, most mouth-watering peach you can imagine.
So here’s what I want you to do….close your eyes…take a bite of this ice cream and wait. Now…, can you feel the juice drizzle down your chin? I can!!!
I would go so far as to say, this will be the best Peach Ice Cream you’ll ever taste.
Whether you serve it in an ice cream dish, a sugar cone or eat it straight from the container, the prominent peach flavor will not be lost on you!
To make this ice cream completely amazing, buy peaches that have great color, are ripe and are firm to the touch, yet the flesh should yield slightly. And make sure they have a warm, fragrant peach aroma!
In this Peach Ice Cream, I used both the flesh and the skin of the peach and discarded the pit. By using the skin, you will get flecks of the skin in the ice cream, which gives it a nice orange color with flecks of red. It’s really festive, and enhances the peach flavor! So don’t feel like you have to peel the peach. Save yourself sometime and enjoy the color!
Fresh Peach Ice Cream
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 or 5 fresh peaches pitted, chopped with peels ON* (see note)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste** see note
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional 15 drops of Electric Orange food coloring** see note
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and sugar together until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Puree peaches in a food processor or blender and stir puree* (roughly 2 and 1/4 to 2 and 1/2 cups) into egg mixture.
- Stir in cream, half-and-half, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Add food coloring if desired.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions. When done, transfer to an airtight bowl and freeze.