These Garlic Butter Green Beans are fast and easy to make and on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Fast and easy dinners are what it’s all about around here lately. With a crazy busy summer schedule (I know, right?), having dinner ready at the moment is a must.
What you’ll love about this recipe is, these Garlic Butter Green Beans are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside with lots of garlic butter flavor, and the fresh, springy snap of a perfectly seasoned green bean.
This recipe only calls for 1/2 of a pound of green beans (which will serve 2 to 4 people), depending on how many greens you want to eat. We typically use these as a side dish and serve it with a protein and a carb, so we don’t need a whole lot of beans to round out a full plate.
But, if you’re into your greens and like an ample serving of veggies – feel free to double or triple the recipe!
I am a huge fan of seasonal vegetables when they’re at the peak of the season. These were firm, had a lot of snap, with few blemishes. Really in peak condition for fine dining, don’t you agree?
And, not only are they super easy to make, they were simply delicious with a nice green bean crunch after cooking.
I even think they’re pretty to look at, don’t you? With a little snip of the scissors, trim off the ends and make them all uniform in size like this:
Garlic Butter Green Beans
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Cover bottom of skillet with water, enough to cover beans. Heat water on high until hot, then turn down to medium-high. Add green beans and cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat, drain water and place pan back on stove.
- Add butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until done, stirring frequently.
- Serve while hot.
Source: Inspiration Kitchen
Other Green Bean recipes you might enjoy:
- Crispy Skillet Parmesan Green Beans by Kristine’s Kitchen
- Grilled Green Beans with Cumin and Smoked Paprika by Pinch & Swirl
- Garlic Greens Beans with Bacon and Feta Cheese by Savory Tooth
- Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic and Almonds by Shoot The Cook