This Grilled Chicken & Spinach Salad is fresh and light, with an amazing Lemon Poppyseed Dressing that brings all these amazing flavors together into one simple, healthy salad.
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best ones. Don’t you think?
With this one, it simply couldn’t be easier. Only a 4 ingredient salad that shines with a Lemon Poppyseed Dressing, which pulls it all together into an amazingly flavorful salad. It’s a no guilt recipe!
I can’t think of one single time in my life when I thought “Wow, this recipe was so easy. I’m completely disappointed I didn’t spend more time making it.” 🙂
I know, right? Words never spoken in the whole history of the world ever!
What helps make this salad pop though, is the Lemon Poppyseed Dressing! Remember last week I told you I was leading you to something wonderful?
Meet Wonderful! Isn’t she colorful, bright and cheery? She tastes good too. 🙂
Ok, you got me! You might have guessed…this recipe was from our monthly Mystery Dish series!
This lovely list of ingredients was brought to you by Katie from Made To Be A Momma. And these are the ingredients that she chose. I think it’s a GREAT list!
We had to use at least 3 of these. My choices are highlighted!
3. Cream cheese
4. Hot sauce
6. Orzo Pasta
7. Baby spinach
10. Ritz crackers
11. Fresh herbs ( any kind)
Now, before you run to the kitchen to make this great salad, be sure to visit and see what everyone else made!
- Mediterranean Roasted Spatchcock Chicken by Flavor the Moments
- Crunchy Baked Coconut Chicken Nuggets with Spicy Dipping Sauce by The Well Floured Kitchen
- Lemon Poppyseed Coconut Cookie Cups by The Smart Cookie Cook
- Lemon Poppyseed Coconut Waffles by Made to be a Momma
- Skillet Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Simply Gloria
- Soft Lemon Poppyseed Cookies by I Dig Pinterest
- Spinach Chicken Crepes with White Wine Cream Sauce by Living Better Together
- (2-Ingredient) Strawberry Soda Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Yummy Healthy Easy
Grilled Chicken & Spinach Salad
- 5 ounces mixed greens with spinach* see note
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned* (see note)
- 1 cup sliced fresh white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red onion quartered and sliced
- Season chicken generously with seasoning spice (see note) on both sides and grill on a hot grill until done. Set aside and let rest 5 minutes. Slice chicken into slices.
- Layer spinach on a plate. Sprinkle with sliced red onion, sliced mushrooms and top with chicken strips.
- Season with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing as desired.
*We used Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning Blend sprinkled on one side of the chicken breasts. Next time we make this, we will sprinkle both sides for more flavor!