This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FireUptheGrill #CollectiveBias – Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
These easy Grilled Jalapeno Poppers are a rich, decadent, and fiery treat for a fun crowd. They’re perfect for a picnic, cookout or a 4th of July party!
OMGosh you guysss…is your grill working some serious over-time like mine is?
This 90+ degree weather in Seattle, just ain’t us, you know? 🙂 We need the rain, the gray skies and the cloud cover, or things aren’t just the norm.
JK. We love the sun too – but it is h.o.t.!
And speaking of hot, what are your 4th of July plans? Because I know you all have an explosive holiday planned, and I need details. 🙂
For us, we are definitely having these rich, decadent, and easy Grilled Jalapeno Poppers that are SO perfect for a crowd. Don’t you think ‘poppers’ are perfect to celebrate Independence Day?
And, what’s so great about them is, you can prep them a day or two ahead and then just toss them on the grill so they are piping hot on your 4th of July holiday. Trust me, they will go fast, so make lots!
How great is that? An appetizer that everyone can’t wait to get their hands on. They might even forget about the fireworks for a bit, while they enjoy the flavor explosion happenin’ in their mouth. Kapow!
These Grilled Jalapeno Poppers are filled with fresh halved jalapenos, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, grated PepperJack Cheese, grated Three Cheese Blend with crispy bacon and topped with fresh, ripe, juicy tomatoes.
Our neighborhood is filled with 4th of July fans that all celebrate Independence Day in a BIG way… I’m talking huge, loud fireworks and arrays of sparkling, exploding colors that litter the streets.
For me? You can bet that I will have my camera handy, watching (and sometimes dodging) from the spray of all the action. 🙂
And these easy Grilled Jalapeno Popper will be perfect for putting that extra spring in my step. Ha!
The keys to making these popper is:
- clean your jalapenos of all seeds and membranes so they’re nice and smooth like the picture above
- don’t over-fill the peppers – just add a smooth, level spread of cream cheese so they won’t bubble over while cooking
- make sure you have oiled your grill grate really well to prevent sticking.
Follow these tips, and they will make a great appetizer addition to your 4th of July plans!
You can find everything you need at your local Walmart in the fresh produce section for the vegetables, and the refrigerated section for the bacon, cream cheese and shredded cheeses! I used Kraft Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cream Cheese, Kraft Shredded Cheese and Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon, with fresh produce from Walmart’s produce section. Kraft also has a digital cookbook!
Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
- 4 slices center cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup chive/onion cream cheese
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup triple cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh garlic minced
- 14 jalapeno peppers halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 roma tomato diced
- cooking spray or oil for grate
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook bacon, drain, crumble and set aside.
- Slice each jalapeno down the center lenghwise, and discard seeds and membranes.
- Mix cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, lime juice, garlic and salt together until smooth. Fold in crumbled bacon.
- Fill the center of each jalapeno full of cream cheese mixture. Place on oiled grill grate, cheese sides up. Cover and grill peppers for 8 minutes or until the peppers are charred and softened. Cheese will be lightly browned. Place peppers on a serving tray and serve immediately. Top with tomatoes if desired.