I love the sultry, sexy name of this burger.
Its almost as if I were there.
I first saw this recipe in Cooking Light magazine in June 2003. One glance, and I was hooked. Years later, we enjoy it even more than we did the first time, and it has become one of our long-time family favorites.
In the world of burgers, this one ranks near the top. Every time I make it, my mouth waters in anticipation, begging for that first flavor-packed bite.
And, I’ll just warn you ahead of time…the moist Chipotle spiced burger marries beautifully with the Tequila-Spiked Salsa ~ filled with chunky Roma tomatoes, rich, creamy avocado and crunchy onion laced with garlic.
Be prepared to over-eat.
I’ve made minor tweaks to the original recipe along the way, but I’ve been very careful to not stray to far, because with the freshest ingredients, it is spot-on.
Serve with a side of warm tortilla chips for crunch and to scoop up that addicting salsa!
Guadalajara Burgers with Tequila-Spiked Salsa
- 1 teaspoon dried Chipotle chile peppers from a jar in the spice aisle
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound ground round
- Cooking spray
- 4 2-ounce Kaiser rolls
- 1 1/3 cups Tequila-Spiked Salsa
Tequila Salsa Prep
- 2 cups chopped seeded Roma tomato
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 whole peeled pitted, chopped avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons tequila
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Prepare grill.
- Combine chile powder, salt, and beef. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Place rolls, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each roll; top each serving with 1/3 cup Tequila-Spiked Salsa and top half of roll.
Tequila Salsa Instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, tossing gently.
Guadalajara Burger with Tequila Spiked Salsa