So light, healthy and easy, these flavorful Healthy Spinach & Chipotle Chicken Wraps will be a welcome addition to your lunch!
Wraps or sandwiches – which do you prefer?
Who loves wraps? Raise your hand.
Guess what? For the first dozens of years of my life, you would’ve found me sitting on my hands, hiding them, hoping that a wrap wasn’t on the restaurant menu. Surprised? Yeah, me too.
Over the years, I’ve ordered wraps in restaurants, and every single time, it meant only one word. Disappointment!
Well, disappointment no more – because I’ve discovered wraps made in such a way, that I’ll bet nearly everyone loves!
And now, I’m going to share this healthy recipe with you. And oh!…no worries, I’ll share all my wrap recipes with you, but let’s just take this one step at a time, shall we? 🙂
Ok, now you know how I sometimes say in a recipe 2 to 4 cups of spinach or <fill in any other ingredient>? I’m sure some of you are thinking “Come on, Kristi!!! How can I plan, man…if you don’t give me the exact measurements?” Well, let me answer that!
It depends on a lot of factors! Here’s just a few:
- What size of flour tortillas are you using? I have primarily one brand of tortilla I use because I love how incredibly soft, flexible and flavorful they are.
- How many people are you feeding? I only have a family of two, and although we eat pretty heartily, it can’t compare to a family of 4, 5 or more!
- What ratio of ingredients do you want in your wrap? We tend to love a lot of meat and lots of veggies, so it can make them tough to stuff – and it uses those precious (and costly) ingredients fast!
But, there is good news! The great thing about making wraps at home is:
- Your ingredients will be much fresher than any restaurants;
- You can stuff them the way you want them, without the tough budgetary constraints restaurants have to adhere to;
- They are really easy and fast to make! You can put them together faster than any service at a restaurant for a mere fraction of the cost! Who doesn’t love saving money?
What I love most about wraps though, is that unlike a sandwich that is heavy with carb-laden bread, flour tortillas are lighter and let you get the best of the goodies and ingredients inside!
Ok, so I need to know…Why do you love wraps? Or if you don’t, why not?
Now, let’s get to the giveaway, shall we?
Don’t forget to visit the other sites participating in this giveaway!
- Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Pumpkin N’ Spice
- My Sequined Life
- The Recipe Rebel
- Whole and Heavenly Oven
- The Well Floured Kitchen
- Flying on Jess Fuel
- Kristine’s Kitchen
- Savory Nothings
- Bites of Bri
- Floating Kitchen
- Tastes Lovely
- Inspiration Kitchen
- Live Well, Bake Often
- She Likes Food
- Sweet & Delish
Prize is in US dollars, and the gift card is from Amazon.com (not .uk, .ca, etc).
Contest is open worldwide, but you must be over 18 years to enter.
Contest runs February 20 1:00 AM (EST) until March 9 11:59 PM (EST).
Winner will be contacted within 48 hours and e-mailed the gift card.
We are not in any way affiliated with Amazon.com
Healthy Spinach & Chipotle Chicken Wraps
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle peppers finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce from chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 to 6 soft flour tortillas
- 1 to 2 6-ounce packages of ready to eat (97% fat free) grilled chicken breast strips
- freshly washed spinach leaves roughly 2 to 3 cups
- 1/2 to 3/4 red onion sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup roasted red pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts chopped
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Mix fat-free mayonnaise, chipotle chili peppers and chipotle sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Lay flour tortillas out flat. Spread chipotle mayo evenly on tortillas.
- Layer with chicken strips, spinach, red onions, roasted red pepper and water chestnuts. Season with cracked black pepper. Fold in each ends of the tortilla and roll until completely enclosed and folded. Slice in half and serve!