This Lemon Poppyseed Dressing is fresh, light and so flavorful with lemon, Dijon mustard, red onion and tarragon. The perfect light dressing for your favorite salad!
What’s your favorite salad dressing?
When it comes to dressings, I typically follow a pattern. Stuck in rut, one might say. 🙂
Have you ever had a DOH! moment? To say that we loved this dressing was a drastic understatement. 🙂
Initially, this dressing was made from another recipe, just to top a salad that was my real post. As I mixed the ingredients per the recipe, then tasted it – put simply, it was awful. Unedible.
And, you all know me well enough, that we don’t do that here at IK. Unedible is not in our cook-cabulary. 😉
I ain’t havin’ my readers eatin’ no bad food!
Yes, I know that sentence is an embarrassment to our English language. 🙂 I used it to make a point.
And…that’s what I love about cooking so much. Bad recipes can recover! With the right ingredients and the right touch, they can go from AWE-ful to AWE-mazing.
Which is exactly what happened right here. And now, I’m going to share my secrets!
You all know me well enough to know, that if I’m going to bring you a salad dressing recipe, that a phenomenal salad is on the way, right? So, come back next week for Mystery Dish and see what salad I have that pairs so beautifully with this dressing!
Trust me, you will love it – just like we did!
Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced red onion
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Add all ingredients into a small bowl, and whisk until thoroughly blended. Season with salt and pepper if necessary*. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.