I think I might be obsessed with Costco’s raw, frozen, peeled and deveined shrimpys.
Because they’re shrimply so cute and delicious, I just can’t stand it. I mean, there is darn-near nothin’ you can’t do with these babies!
And, you will reallllly love them when you need a simple and easy throw-together recipe. Like this one.
So, I want to share them with you because they are so easy to make a for weekday meal and your family will think you’re a culinary genius!
If you like spicy, I think you’ll love the way the onion, green pepper, hot sauce, red pepper flakes and chili powder come together to tantalize your tongue!
I needed this today, because…I spent aaalllll day messing with my camera, updating the firmware no less! Which I didn’t even know I was supposed to do, by the way. Let me tell you – it took me forever!
Don’t get me wrong…it wasn’t hard or anything, but because I got the tar scared out of me with the H-U-G-E warning that said “YOU can’t un-do this action! It must be sent for service if update is not successful!” I took that very personally.
And well, I won’t lie to you. It scared the livin’ daylights outta me, and so I very gingerly read each.and.every.instruction. to make sure I didn’t screw it up. Which included, mind you, checking every single lens I had, that pertained to ‘so-said-firmware’ that I was cross-your-fingers updating.
Pressure? You think???
Now…I ask you…who else does this?
Thank God for simple recipes! I’m not sure I could handle much more pressure today.
Louisiana Creole Shrimp
- 3 tablespoons real butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 4 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce i.e. Tabasco or Franks Red Hot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled, deveined and fileted
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, and add onion, green bell pepper, and celery. Cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute longer. Add cornstarch and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, Old Bay, chili powder, hot pepper sauce and red pepper flakes. Turn down to medium heat and stir until thoroughly mixed and bubbling.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque (approximately 5 minutes).
Adapted from All Recipes.