This DIY Mocha Mix is easy to mix together, and makes great holiday gifts! Here’s how to get into the DIY holiday gift giving this season.
Homemade gifts makes holiday gift giving so much more personal, don’t you agree? I love receiving gifts that I know someone has lovingly hand-crafted.
This Mocha Mix recipe is easy to put together and will make your gift giving personal and a lot of fun. This recipe has been in my family for more years than I can remember. Actually I do remember, but it’s more than I’m willing to admit. That’s how you know it’s a good one – it’s been around a long time.
Simply mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, being sure to mix thoroughly. You want a consistent color and look throughout the ingredients to make sure you have the right mix. Then just spoon them into decorative jars and store with an airtight lid.
You can find decorative jars almost anywhere. Your local grocery store will likely have mason canning jars, which are trendy and adorable when adorned with a ribbon and a personalized card. Or, you can search Amazon, Target, Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Walmart and others for unique jar shapes and colors. For other homemade gifts, I’ve stored them in these purple heritage vintage collection mason jars. They’re so beautiful and elegant when tied with a ribbon.
This photo shows the perfect mixture with all ingredients mixed thoroughly.
Who wouldn’t want to receive this darling YUM in a jar?
Here are a few other DIY gift ideas!
- Chocolate Toasted Almond Fudge by Recipe Girl
- Five Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Turtles by Minimalist Baker
- Two Tone Fudge by Miss In The Kitchen
- Chocolate Dipped Almond Horn Cookies by Flavor The Moments
- Peppermint Bark Fudge by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup instant coffee granules I used Nescafe Clasico.
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer I used Nestle Coffeemate.
- 1/4 cup cocoa I used Hershey's Cocoa.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in bowl and mix thoroughly. Store in an airtight container.When ready to serve, mix with 1 cup boiling water and 2 tablespoons of Mocha Mix.