How quickly a year goes!
- I have taken over 15,554 photos since the launch of this blog
- I have deleted over 3,000 food photos alone since the launch of IK
- My website name changed from Cherry Jasmine to Inspiration Kitchen
- 56 days after launch, my photo was accepted by Foodgawker & Tastespotting!
- Since buying my new camera, it has already snapped more than 10,495 photos
Disasters & Oopsies!
- I was so excited to share this White Chocolate Coconut Cheesecake recipe with you, I put my camera’s SD card in the CD slot and had to use a paperclip to get it out. (Hey, don’t laugh, they are right next to each other!)
- And, do you remember my For Cripe’s Sake! #01 Ready…Set…Fail! post when I put my camera in time-out because it kept cranking out solid black photos making me look like a horrible photographer?
- Or, when I realized that I needed an intervention because of the Hot Sauce Explosion happening in my pantry when I discovered over a dozen bottles of them hiding in there?
- And, when I literally got sssooo startled at the sound of bacon popping in my microwave Ceramic Bacon Cooker that I fell over backwards on my bum in the kitchen? True story.
- Or, the day I tried to make Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and ended up with a solidified, lumpy mess of cupcake batter all over the counter?
1st Year Favorite Recipes – Top Picks ♥
Since it’s a first year anniversary, and there are 12 months in a year, here are my Top 12 favorite recipes, in no particular order.
- New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
- 3 Chili Pepper Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Louisiana Creole Shrimp
- 5 Alarm BBQ Chicken Chop Chop Salad
- Honey & Jalapeno Coleslaw
- Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter & Banana Pumpkin Smoothie
- Spicy Poblano Burgers with Chipotle Cream Sauce
- The Whole Jar of Peanut Butter Cookies
- Bahama Breeze Skillet Simmered Jerk Shrimp
- Cherry Tomatoes with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Kalamata Olive Tapenade
Foods I Can’t Live Without Right Now…
- Chili Peppers
Foods I Can Live Without Forever.
I hope you found this post as fun as I did! It’s wild, insane and craaaazy to reflect on the past year! Thanks to all my readers for the memories! Now, on to year 2.