Wondering what to do with all that left-over Thanksgiving day turkey?
Whoo boy, do I have a delectable treat for you! A delicious snack-happy appetizer using your left-over holiday turkey!
This is one of my favorite appetizer recipes of all time – ever. Seriously – it is just that good. Full of wonderful flavor and perfect crunchiness. Every time I take a bite, I have to pause just to savor how good it is. It’s shameful really, for someone to love food so much, but I do.
These are total party pleasers. Make them in advance, store them in the fridge, and when your party gets started – watch them disappear!
Today’s post is going to be a bit short, because I need to get started cooking!
Pecan Turkey Bites
- 2 cups cooked turkey finely chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese finely shredded
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine chopped turkey, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and celery seed; mix thoroughly.
- Fold in chopped green onions and celery.
- Using a teaspoon, shape into 1 inch balls, then roll in finely chopped pecans.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe inspired by an AllRecipes recipe.
Pecan Turkey Bites Appetizer