This Pork Scallopini with Capers, Lemon & Butter is an easy to make recipe that will delight your tastebuds. Buttery, lemony goodness in a bowl.
You guyyyyysssss…it is ONE day until the International Food Bloggers conference.
As much as I’d love to write about how savory, light, fast and easy-to-prepare this Pork Scallopini is (and believe me, it is…), I am so nervous about IFBC I can hardly formulate a thought.
Friends and family will tell you I’m an extrovert.
Tomorrow, I have to actually talk to real people that love food. Like I do.
You’d think that would be easy. And, it is…for an extrovert.
In the meantime, while I’m worrying about exactly how I’m going to do that, that’s where the “Help me!” comes in.
The last time I talked to you about IFBC was 3 months ago! So, you can imagine, if I was that nervous then, I am over-the-top crazy-worried now.
Here’s my questions. If you’ve ever been to a food event or conference:
- What do I wear? (I want to wear jeans. Is that acceptable?).
- Do I take my camera? (I’d like to, but what am I going to do with it during the sessions? You can’t carry it everywhere, can you?).
- Do I take my laptop? (How else would I take notes to share with all of you, of all the great things I expect will happen?)
- How the heck do I pack all that stuff? (What’s best for carrying a laptop, camera and any accessories that’s easily portable?)
- What do you want to know about the conference? (Seriously, check out the agenda! If you were going, what sessions would you go see?)
I’m happy to share it with all of you in a follow-up blog post (especially if you aren’t going and wanted to!), but right now…the mind is muddled in the ‘unknown’, the details and the overwhelming crazy-worry. I admit it…I’m scared!
Comment and tell me what you want me to report on!
And, if you’re rushed for time, make this amazingly awesome and savory (super quick) Pork Scallopini so you have plenty of time to write to me before I go!
Pork Scallopini with Capers, Lemon & Butter
- 1 pound pork tenderloin thinly sliced in 1/4" slices
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- Slice the pork tenderloin into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place flour and salt into a dredging bowl and set aside.
- Lightly dredge the pork and shake off any excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the pork 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and transfer to a warm plate and place in oven to keep warm.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add the capers, white wine and lemon juice and allow to reduce just a little before adding the final tablespoon of butter. Mix slowly to incorporate and remove immediately from the heat.
- Spoon the sauce over the pork and serve.
Recipe source: Food Network @ Pork Scallopini with Butter Caper Sauce.