I can’t believe it’s <3 weeks until Christmas! LESS than 3 weeks!!!
About Christmas…It’s 20 days from today. And, I have yet to complete my shopping.
That may not seem like a problem – but I need to ship them. And, I do want them to arrive early enough so they are decorative and festive under their tree.
I was thinking that for the month of December, y’all are probably as busy as I am, and that your life this month will be as hectic as I expect mine will be.
With finishing shopping, wrapping gifts, gathering with friends and family to celebrate the holidays… Yikes! It can get to be to much!
So…for this month on IK…I’ll be highlighting appetizers.
Quick, easy, delicious ~ and things you can throw together for friends dropping by for a festive beverage to celebrate the holidays with the people they/you love.
I’m not sure I can give you a better gift this holiday season than quick appetizer recipes for the month!
With that said, if you love goat cheese – you will love these Roasted Red Pepper, Bacon and Goat Cheese bites! They are SO festive for Christmas with the white of the goat cheese, the red of the roasted red peppers, and the fact they are finished by being rolled in green Pistachios! (p.s. You can also use Pepitas (pumpkin seeds!) for the same great green color!)
I say – be happy, be merry – and bring in the colors of the holiday and the season with this fun and tasty appetizer!
Roasted Red Pepper, Bacon, Goat Cheese Appetizer Bites
- 4 ounces plain goat cheese softened
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper finely chopped
- 2 slices center-cut bacon cooked and finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup pistachios chopped and crushed
- In a large bowl, mix softened goat cheese with a mixer until crumbled and slightly creamy.
- Add roasted red pepper to goat cheese mix and blend until smooth. The juice of the red pepper will make the mixture nice and creamy.
- Fold in the bacon, garlic powder and ground black pepper and mix thoroughly until no white goat cheese crumbles remain.
- Using a teaspoon, measure and roll the goat cheese into round bite-sized balls, then roll into chopped pistachios.
- Put on a serving plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.
Adapted slightly from How Sweet It Is.