These Salmon Burgers with Red Pepper & Capers are super fast and easy to make, and are a delicious, healthy weeknight dinner that the entire family will love.
I love, love, love the creativity that results from ‘clean-out-the-pantry’ month when it results in a delightfully simple yet delicious recipe, don’t you?
I stand there with the panty door wide open, the auto-light on, with my arms crossed, staring at the staples for what seems like hours, wondering what on earth will taste good together. Because I want to “make do” with what I have. And, oh yeah…you need to make it fast, because of course, everyone is starving. No pressure there!
Have you ever been there?
Yet, every once in a while…you’re just lucky enough to stumble upon a recipe that surprises you. One that is easy, simple and quick to prepare, and yet ~ oh so wonderfully tasty.
And…because of it, you can’t wait for the next time you get to stand staring at the pantry again, waiting to come up with your next food-show-worthy recipe, that you can make again and again.
Oh how I love those type of recipes on a weeknight!
So, as I stared at the half of dozen cans of salmon that I’d bought on impulse at Costco, I just knew I had to find something wonderful and delightful to do with it. Who knew that these flavor packed salmon patties would fit the bill so perfectly?
We’ve been on a bit of a health kick lately, so we didn’t break out the hamburger buns and slather a nice, thick layer of the lemon caper sauce on them, and instead decided to serve it on the side with a simple side salad. It was absolutely fabulous and light ~ it’s definitely going into our rotation!
Salmon Burgers with Red Pepper & Capers
Lemon Caper Sauce Ingredients
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Salmon Burger Ingredients
- 3 6-ounce cans salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup green onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and chill until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients. Form mixture into six evenly divided firmly packed patties, roughly 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the patties and cook covered for 4 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.