This Sour Cream Banana Bread is rich, moist and sweet ~ filled with crunchy walnuts and packed with banana flavor topped with a crumbly, sugary struesel. Sugared loaf pans make all the difference!
Oh my gosh…I am dying for you to try this Banana Bread. Each and every one of you!
All caps-worthy. Really.
Rich, sweet, moist. Seriously amazing.
Two decadent loaves. One recipe.
Eat one now. Eat the other later. Like one for breakfast, and one for dinner.
You might be wondering about this next photo. I included it to show you that when you cream the butter and sugar together that they won’t be creamy – it will be crumbly like this. That’s OK!
If you’ve never read my fondest memory of B-A-N-A-N-A B-R-E-A-D, you really should. It’s a laugh and a half. But not nearly as good as this Sour Cream Banana Bread. I want you to try it!
p.s. tell your friends.
Sour Cream Banana Bread
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Prep Loaf Pans
- Mix 1/8 cup white sugar and ground cinnamon together until well blended. Grease two loaf pans and sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar/cinnamon mixture into each loaf pan and coat bottom and all sides. Set pans aside.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, softened butter, cinnamon and walnuts together and set aside.
- Mix 6 tablespoons of softened butter and sugar together until well blended. Mixture will be crumbly, not creamy. Add eggs, bananas, sour cream and vanilla extract and beat well. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and baking soda and mix well. Slowly add flour until thoroughly mixed. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour banana bread evenly into the prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle or spoon crumble on top.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Recipe modified from All Recipes @ Banana Sour Cream Bread.