Yep, you read that right. 🙂 It’s the sweet and spicy candy that bites back.
I say it’s high time we switch it up a bit. Bring a little heat into the kitchen! 🙂
And, if you like the sweet, spicy combo, this candy is an extra special treat. Not only is it packed with that Chipotle heat we love so much, but it’s extra peanut butter-y with two tablespoons of peanut butter added to the mix. Which gives it a great golden peanut butter color and that great creamy peanut taste.
Now, I’m not gonna fib… This one is not for the spice-challenged, because it comes packed with heat! And, if you’re like me, it’s hard to add a conservative and level teaspoon when you’re adding the heat. 🙂 Enjoy!
Chipotle Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 and ½ cups or 11.5-ounce container unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter into a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook 16 to 18 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 275°, stirring frequently. Add peanuts and peanut butter and cook 3 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 295°, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda and chile powder.
- (*See notes!) Quickly pour mixture onto prepared pan. Spread evenly with a heat resistant spatula OR cover with a sheet of parchment paper. If using the parchment paper method, use a rolling pin and quickly roll mixture to an even thickness. Discard top parchment sheet. Cool mixture completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light My Recipes @ Chipotle Peanut Brittle.
Spicy Chipotle Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle