I love a good spicy appetizer. Something to tingle the tastebuds, ya know?
As the holidays approach, I’m always looking for great appetizers to share with family and friends as we gather around the table to enjoy time together.
When the dish is fast and easy to throw together, it’s even better. Wouldn’t you rather spend time with friends, then spending hours in the kitchen? I know I would!
You get both with this Spicy Horseradish Shrimp.
It takes just a few minutes to put together (then you let it marinate!) and after only 4-8 minutes under the broiler, you’ve got a quick and easy appetizer that everyone will love!
Spicy Horseradish Shrimp
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup horseradish drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds large raw shrimp peeled, deveined and tails on
- *Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
- Mix tomato paste, horseradish, olive oil, hot sauce and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add shrimp, toss to coat on all sides and marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Place shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet and broil until just cooked through, 4 to 8 minutes (no need to turn).
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Recipe adapted from Food Network @ Horseradish Shrimp.