I wouldn’t say I was a sandwich loving person. Until today.
When it comes to cooking, I’m definitely a “Oh look! Bright, shiny object!” kinda of chef. Whatever beautiful food photo grabs my atttention is what I want to make. The problem with that is…there are a lot of beautiful food photos clamoring for my attention!
How does one settle on making just one?
Well, come to find out – I don’t. I end up making two or three or 900 and by the time I’ve made them all, it turns out I’m not very hungry. Which I guess is good for the waist-line. p.s. 900 might be a slight exaggeration. It only feels like I’ve made 900 when I’m doing the mountain of dishes!
But this Spicy Shrimp Sandwich I found a while back on Pinterest kept calling my name. I swear…I could hear it in my sleep…”make me”, “make me”, “MAKE ME!” Until the ‘make me’ was so loud I couldn’t ignore it for one more minute.
I was going to make it alright.
And Po’Boy…I’m so glad I did. This truly is one.delicious.sandwich.
Messy to eat, but definitely delicious.
The spicy, creamy goodness of the Chipotle Mayo paired with the highly seasoned shrimp gives this Shrimp Po’Boy just the right amount of kick. Served on a crusty, chewy french bread, it will not only leave you satisfied but clamoring for more.
Make me. Make me. MAKE ME!
Oh no. It’s started again.
Spicy Shrimp Po'Boy Sandwich with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled, deveined, tails-off
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-5 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce see recipe notes
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 french rolls
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine cumin, garlic powder, salt, chili powder and olive oil together in a bowl. Add shrimp, toss to coat and marinate 30 minutes.
- Combine avocado, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, lime juice and sea salt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add shrimp. Cook until done and heated through.
- Butter french rolls and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Toast over high heat until slightly browned. Spread chipotle avocado mayonnaise on the roll. Place lettuce leaf down the center of sandwich and put shrimp in between the leaf.
Recipe slightly modified from Life’s Ambrosia.