This easy Sriracha Buttered Shrimp recipe is perfectly spicy for National Hot & Spicy Day! And, they’re easy to make!
What do you plan to make for National Hot & Spicy Day?
Tomorrow is National Hot & Spicy day…are you ready for it? 🙂 You know I am!
Last year, I posted my Hot & Spicy Chili recipe two and a half weeks before National Hot & Spicy Food day because I could hardly stand the excitement! You all know how much I love savory and especially hot & spicy! I am the spice-loving-queen!
So, of course, every year I impatiently wait for this day all.year.long. 🙂 And now, it’s heeeeerrrrreeeee!!!!!!
Now, it’s time to add some heattttt and get jiggy with it! National Hot & Spicy Day gives us a license for it, which means we aren’t breaking the law. 🙂
This recipe is so great for a party appetizer (think Superbowl)! It cooks up super quickly, and you can pour it in a serving dish with skewers on the side. How easy is that? Let your guests dig in and serve themselves – they won’t be able to resist after just one bite.
We loved this recipe, and I think you will too. It’s savory, spicy, pepper-y – with a spicy garlic sauce that you’ll want to dip your bread into!
A couple of heat cautions for you: if you and/or your guests are sensitive to bold, spicy flavors, just cut back on the Sriracha. We used the 6 tablespoons the recipe called for, but it would be just as flavorful with less. As I always say, taste as you go, so you don’t blow someone’s head off with the heat! 🙂
Want more recipes to be tempted to make tomorrow? Here’s a few of our favorites!
- Thai Shrimp and Serrano Chili Pepper Shrimp
- Easy Fresh Tomato & Serrano Chili Pepper Soup
- 3 Chili Pepper Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Spicy Chili Sauce & Beer Shrimp
- Thai Basil Beef Burgers with Spicy Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
Sriracha Buttered Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon dried crushed rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil minced
- Melt butter and Sriracha in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- When melted and hot, add minced garlic, dried rosemary and shrimp. Heat over medium heat until shrimp is nearly done. Add lemon zest and fresh basil, and thoroughly combine until basil is just wilted.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit @ Sriracha Buttered Shrimp