Have you heard of this thing called “mommy brain”?
Apparently, this is where they get forgetful and scattered about things they’d never have forgotten before they had children.
Well, I’ve never had mommy brain, but I think I can finally relate, as I got my own dose of it from staycation. (p.s. those girls never once mentioned that mommy brain was catchy). Now, I’m pretty sure that staycation brain is very similar to mommy brain, and if that’s true, why that’s just terrible!
Remember how I said I was thoroughly enjoying staycation and could totally get onboard with the full-time staycation plan? Well, that’s still true, but I’m a leeetttlllle less enamored with the whole staycation full-time plan if it means that I get completely forgetful about the things I know well to remember as a food blogger. Like:
- losing great recipes after I’ve made them;
- forgetting to jot down modifications and cook’s notes;
- forgetting to journal what they look, taste and feel like when you take that very first bite
Did you know, that this staycation brain thing goes so far as to include forgetting the date you made them and even the names of the darn things?
So, what I’m going to tell you about them is…
- I made these fabulous brownies and everyone raved about them;
- They were easy, chocolately, creamy, dreamy and fabulous;
- They were soft, dissolve in your mouth on top, yet crunchy and chewy on the bottom;
- They were cute as heck in their little swirl pattern selves;
- And, they disappeared in <1 hour
BUT…(and this is a big but)…I lost the recipe.
And the cook’s notes.
And the name.
And did I mention I forgot the recipe?
Augh! Alright. I promise I will post the recipe, right here, before the start of next week. After I make them. Again.
For now, I need to get back into the kitchen for a do-over.