It always feels a bit strange to crack open the liquor so early in the morning.
Yet, no matter how innocent my intent seems to be, I always feel like I need to have it hidden deep down in a discreet brown paper bag.
Just in case someone is peering in my windows, you know?
I’m positively sure the paparazzi is always lurking outside waiting for that money shot – me holding a big bottle of liquor at 4:30 in the morning. Because I’m all that and a bag of chips. And, of course, the paparazzi has absolutely nothing else to do.
Yet, this always seems to be the time that I get inspiration to bake.
Or, maybe that’s just the liquor talking.
What I love about these cookies is how gorgeous and festive they are all baked up. The bright red cranberries paired with the creamy white chocolate chips and the golden brown butter color ~ add a dash of brandy and the rich flavor of pecans, and you definitely have a cookie that is snap worthy.
Bring on the paparazzi.
White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl.
- Add egg and brandy and mix well.
- Fold in flour and baking soda.
- Mix in cranberries, white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop by heaping teaspoons on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.