This easy Wild Rice and Chicken Soup recipe is flavorful and fast for an easy weeknight recipe. Do you believe Chicken Soup is good for the soul? I do!
I love soups that are fast, easy, comforting and flavorful. It’s even better when they use few ingredients and are simple to put together on a busy weeknight. Soup, it does a body good, you know?
Have you heard the saying “Chicken Soup is good for the soul”? Well, it’s good for an easy, stress-free weeknight recipe too. 🙂 Who’s down for some casual, comfortable home cooking with a classic chicken soup recipe?
This recipe is so effortless to throw together, yet its satisfying enough to please the entire family. It starts with a light base of chicken broth, then is loaded with fresh vegetables and protein, with just a hint of wild rice for a bit of carbs and depth of flavor.
Whether you take your soup straight up, or serve it with a salad, bread or crackers, you’ll love how uncomplicated this soup is, yet delivers big on flavor.
The secret seasonings in this Wild Rice and Chicken Soup is enhanced by the seasoning packet that’s included in the Long Grain Wild Rice package (it comes in a box). Those pre-made seasonings coupled with the fresh vegetables and chicken make this soup light, yet hearty enough to satisfy nearly any appetite.
Who doesn’t love Chicken Soup, whether it is a Classic Chicken Noodle Soup, or one that has tasty Wild Rice? What’s great about this recipe is, you probably already have the ingredients in your fridge or in your pantry – so you can potentially save yourself a trip to the grocery store!
Although I will share a little secret…, perusing the grocery store aisles is one of my favorite things. 🙂
So, I may just need to hop down and do a little shopping to come up with another version of Wild Rice and Chicken Soup! Speaking of hopping – EASTER IS ALMOST HERE! If you’re looking for a great Easter recipe, try my Easter Garden Soup!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 3 cups chicken breast* cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 4 ounce package long grain wild rice with seasoning packet
- 3 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- Add oil to a large stockpot, and heat on high until hot. Turn down to medium-high and add onions, carrots and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add wild rice with seasonings (from seasoning packet) and chicken broth. Turn down to medium and cook 25 minutes until both rice and chicken are cooked throughout.
Wild Rice and Chicken Soup
HERE ARE A FEW OTHER SOUP RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Cauliflower Leek Soup by Recipe Girl
- Easter Garden Soup by Inspiration Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Turkey Wild Rice Soup by Flavor The Moments
- Simple Homemade Tomato Soup by Pinch Of Yum
- Healthy Mushroom Soup by Inspiration Kitchen
Leave a Reply