The World’s Best Hot Chocolate is creamy, rich, chocolate-y and delicious. You’ll never want to buy store-bought hot chocolate again!
What is your favorite Hot Chocolate memory?
Christmas is only 3 days away and I can hardly wait! Are you as excited as I am?
Christmas Eve has always been special around our house! We gather around the fire, play games, enjoy hot beverages together and open presents from one another. On Christmas morning, we get up in our pajamas to rush downstairs and enjoy the overfilled stockings that Santa has left us.
What I love most about Christmas though, is getting to spend time together with family, sharing stories and being thankful for all the blessings in my life.
Because the Christmas Eve & Christmas tradition is so special to us, I wanted to share my very favorite hot chocolate recipe. This recipe has a long history with my family.
When I was a little girl, I used to visit my grandparents for the weekend. Every morning grandma would make me cinnamon toast and a steaming mug of hot chocolate. It was The World’s Best Hot Chocolate in my opinion, and I love it as much now, as I did then. It makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside, like a kid again! I think you’ll love it too ~ and who doesn’t want to feel like a kid at Christmas? I know, right?!
Hot cocoa is so easy to make at home. And, the best part about it is…, you can make it as chocolate-y or as sweet as you want! You can even add peppermint chips, marshmallows or any other flavor that you love.
I love to keep chocolate chips melted in a small crockpot so you can dip marshmallows and candy canes whenever you want. It’s great, interactive fun for the kids. Adults too! 🙂 #feellikeakidagain
The recipe provided here is kid-friendly, but it’s super easy to make a dressed-up adult version cocktail. Just add a shot of Peppermint Schnapps! (Trust me, this is nummy!) My favorite Peppermint Schnapps to use is Rumple Minz, but any brand is fine.
It’s also a lot of fun to make a BIG thermos of jacked-up hot chocolate (read=peppermint schnapps) to go on a sleigh ride, gather around a campfire or carry with us while singing Christmas carols. 🙂
By now, you probably get the idea of how much fun old fashioned Hot Chocolate can be. So tell me – what is your favorite Hot Chocolate memory?
Try it! Have a steaming mug of Hot Cocoa this Christmas Eve! Your family will love it!
The World's Best Hot Chocolate
- 1 can 12 fluid ounces evaporated milk
- 1 can water use evaporated milk can once emptied
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa*
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Combine evaporated milk and water in a medium-sized saucepan and mix well. Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar. Whisk hot chocolate with a whisk until cocoa is mixed in and sugar dissolves. Heat over medium heat until hot enough to serve.
Candy Cane & Marshmallow Santa Hats
- 1 10-ounce bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 16-ounce bag large marshmallows
- 1 package small candy canes
- 1 package crushed peppermint chips
- Melt chocolate chips in a small crockpot* (see notes).
- Insert candy cane into the center of a marshmallow. Dip the bottom half of the marshmallow into melted chocolate, and place on parchment paper for 30 seconds to 1 minute to let excess chocolate melt off.
- Then, roll or dip chocolate marshmallow in crushed peppermint chips. Let cool and serve!