Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
These Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer for game day! Filled with Sweet Italian Sausage and flavored with a habanero hot sauce will make these a game day favorite.
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage finely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup yellow onion finely choppped
- 1/4 cup mushroom stems finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green habanero hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup manchego cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 16-ounce package white mushrooms (roughly 24-26)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cook sausage over medium to medium-high heat until completely done. Drain, remove from pan and set aside in a large bowl.
Add olive oil to heated pan and add onion and mushrooms stems. Cook over medium heat until soft, approximately 3-5 minutes. Add onion/mushroom mixture to sausage. Then, add habanero hot sauce, chicken broth, breadcrumbs, manchego cheese and parsley and mix thoroughly.
Brush outsides of mushroom caps with a bit of olive oil. Place on sheet pan. Stuff mushroom caps with sausage mixture.
Place mushrooms in oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until brown.