Stir-Fry Shrimp with Spicy Orange Sauce
This Stir-Fry Shrimp with Spicy Orange Sauce is a fabulous mix of sweet and spicy with just a bit of a kick. It's light and healthy and fast and easy to throw together for a <30 min. dinner!
- 2 pounds raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic such as sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
Place shrimp in a medium-size bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch and toss well to coat. Set aside until ready to use.
Combine orange juice, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and chile paste and stir with a whisk until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry for 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add shrimp and stir-fry for 3 minutes, turning frequently to get all sides done. Add orange juice mixture and green onions and cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and shrimp are done, stirring frequently.