Easter Garden Soup
This healthy Easter Garden Soup is flavorful and full of fresh garden vegetables that will leave you full and satisfied with no guilt!
- 2 cups finely grated carrot
- 1 2 pound head of cabbage, grated (roughly 6 cups)
- 1 onion grated
- 3 stalks celery coarsely chopped, with tops
- 4 14.5 ounce cans chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chile garlic sauce *
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes *
Add all ingredients to a large stock pot and heat on medium-high heat until just boiling. Turn down to medium and let simmer for 30 minutes. Use an immersion blender throughout the process to liquify all vegetables.
Let cook at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend. (FYI: I cooked mine for 1 hour, but that was primarily to take photos).
*As I always say *taste as you go!*. This soup contains a lot of spice by both the chlie garlic sauce, as well as the red pepper flakes. Only use enough that it is spicy enough for your palate. This is a soup that will 'build' as it goes and get spicier - so please only use enough spice to satisfy your palate.
I used 3 tablespoons chile garlic sauce and 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes - this made the soup very spicy. Only use this amount if you love spicy food!