Hazelnut Apple Crisp
Perfect juicy, crisp apples in a hazelnut crumble crust - perfect for fall!
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 2 pounds apples peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine oats, finely chopped hazelnuts, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbles and set aside.
Cover the bottom of a pie plate with 1/3 of the crumble mixture.
In a large bowl, sprinkle fruit with granulated sugar. Gently place fruit in pie plate on top of crumble bottom.
Sprinkle remaining crumble top over the apples and top with coarsely chopped hazelnuts.
Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until done.